Monday, September 29, 2008

Great Grandpa Twitchell

Our Sweet Great-Grandpa Twitchell came to an untimely end last week. Well, I dont' know if you can call it untimely, seeing as he was 93 in dog years. My mom and dad had Twitchell for 13 years and this week, on my mom's birthday, he ran into the yard of the wrong dog and was attacked and killed. It was a sad day, but here are two things that made us feel a little better about the situation:
#1 We gave Twitchell tons of hugs and cuddles right before he went out for his ill-fated walk.
#2 Twitchell died an honorable death in the heat of battle. A death any dog can be proud of. :)

You were a good dog Twitchell. We hope you have a nice soft stinky slipper to lay your head on in Doggy Heaven :)

6 comments:

The White House said...

That makes me so sad. My kids want a dog so bad, but I just cant do it. They are way to much work, not to mention when they leave this world it is always devastating.

KariAnn said...

Oh poor, he was such a good dog. That was a nice little eulogy, thanks.

Susie said...

So sorry of your lost of the family dog. I'm sure you'll have a special place in your heart for him and memories of Twitchell.

Betsy said...

Seeing Twitchell in that picture makes me a little sad. Poor dog. I didn't realize it was on Mom's birthday. That is even worse! He did live a good life. What a good little dog.

Betsy said...

A temple in Kansas City!!!!! Yeah for you!!!

Meredith said...

Yikes, i still haven't told the kids. I;m waiting for the right moment.