The series is basically a 1.set of plie squats on tiptoes followed by a 2.set of basic squats combined with a "foot brush" repeated 3 times with different foot placements.
PLIE SQUATS-Feet Hip distance
Step 1: you are going to stand with your feet hip distance apart-toes pointed OUT. Next, come up onto your tiptoes and do 10 plie' squats-SLOWLY. (I hold onto a 8 to 12 pound weight or weighted ball.) * A Plie' squat means that you do not stick your tush out. You bend your knees and straighten while keeping your back and tush in a straight line, imagine your body is an elevator. 


BASIC SQUAT to FOOT BRUSH
Step 2: Basic Squats: Bring your feet back to parallel about hip distance apart and do ten squats (Slowly) Below is a side view of basic squats. As you stand up, do step 3-
Step 3: As you stand up from the squat, brush your pointed foot across the floor and end up like the picture below. Make sure that your inner thigh is pointed to the ceiling and you can see your ankle bone pointed up. Bring your leg up as high as you can. 
Step 4: PLIE SQUATS-Legs wide, toes pointed out, up on your tiptoes.
Repeat step 1 but with your feet wide apart. Don't forget to squeeze your glutes and inner thighs together on the way up-like you're trying to glue your legs together.
Step 5: BASIC SQUATS with FOOT BRUSH- repeat steps 2 and 3
Step 6: PLIE SQUATS-feet close together-heels touching and toes out.
BTW- my legs are not really as short as they look in this picture- My pants are coming down JUST a bit! LOL :)
Step 7: BASIC SQUATS-repeat steps 2 and 3
Okay, now finish up with an final set of 10 basic squats combined with foot brush. Do the final set of basic squats with legs close together if you want.
Final tips:
1. Do everything slowly-we tend to rush when it gets hard-but the results are better if you slow down!
2. Squeeze those inner thighs and glutes together every time you raise up.
3. Pull in your abs and keep your shoulders back and down.
4. If you have any knee discomfort, modify by making sure you knees do not come past your toes, and then focus more on the up motion.
Let me know if you try this. The whole series takes about 8-10 minutes but it really works, and best of all you can do it in front of the t.v. :)



6 comments:
Thank you so much for posting this. Seriously last night I was at the end of my bed doing squats for the first time... in a long time. I kept thinking I have to get stronger legs.Soooooooo I am loving your series of squats. My legs feel like jello and I only did 3 sets, one of each. I will work my way up.
You are awesome.... so is there a guarantee with this post.... that our legs will somewhat resemble yours.
Heres to hoping and dreaming.
Ooo, I need to do this. My legs are not what they used to be, but I can't bring myself to go running this heat, a.k.a. sauna. I'll definitely be trying these. Here's to pain, and lots of it! :)
Ok I haven't tried it yet but I will, good job for thinking of putting this on your blog you are so good at what you do.
Ok, I am totally interested. I will try it out soon and let you know.Christy
very cool. I'm definitely going to try this. And I love your cute pedicure. Can you post a little ab and core work? See ya soon!
I'm glad you're still teaching. I know how much you enjoy it!
Post a Comment