Tuesday, July 15, 2008

San Francisco Trip

We all went to San Francisco for Grandma Trudy's funeral. It was a bit of a whirlwind trip but it was sure nice to see some of our old hang-out spots. These pictures were taken at the park behind Jeff's Elementary school.













We went to church at Jeff's old ward building. We saw people he grew up with and even had this family picture taken by the friend who took our engagement pictures. Thanks, John!



We could not go to San Francisco without stopping at our most favorite place "Karlita's". We've been going there together for about 15 years and Jeff started eating there in 1989-wow! It's a little hole in the wall place that has the best burritos on the planet!


Running from the surf at Half Moon Bay. It was way too cold to swim, even in June.


We went to Fisherman's Wharf and Elise was so exhausted that she fell asleep in the sling while I walked around. Highly unusual for her, but at least she got a little nap. I lover her legs hanging out. She is definitely out growing her sling (sniff!).

Or maybe not- I guess she looked so comfortable that Carter decided he wanted a little ride, too. :)

We took a Bay Cruise that went under the Golden Gate Bridge and around Alcatraz. It was beautiful...

...but also very chilly and windy which kept Elise inside the cabin area playing with daddy.




My favorite spot in San Francisco is actually across the Golden Gate and above the Presidio. You take a winding road up into the hills where an old army encampment is. It is absolutely the most beautiful view EVER. You have a view of the ocean and a little lighthouse on one side then the bridge, bay and city on the other. I can't go out there without making that drive. Besides, it's really fun to drive across the bridge.


I had to bribe the kids with a quarter for this picture, they were all tired and freezing.
It was definitely worth the 75 cents. :)






















5 comments:

Nicole said...

What fun! I'm going to SF next summer, and now I'm really excited!

Betsy said...

It looks like you had a wonderful time! I definitely wish we were going to have more time there next month. I can't wait to see your favorite spot and eat at Karlita's =0).

Love you!

The White House said...

You look so good. I am glad you were able to go back to your stomping grounds.

Susie said...

Looks like you had a great time in San Fran. and cute pictures of you all. Your kids are sure growing up. We were just there April 2007, it is a fun place to see.

Sleepless Sabra said...

It looks like you all had such a wonderful time. I'm glad you got to go.