Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Hodge Podge of Fun at the Klein's

To my delight, our berry patch totally took off this year. We had tons of blackberries every day for almost a month. It was so fun to let the kids just pick and eat as many as they could.

This is just one day's worth of berries. Can you say blackberry jam?

Elise definitely enjoyed the blackberry pie we made.


Introducing our new play house! I am so excited because this was the thing I looked forward to most with the basement being finished. It turned out exactly like the picture I drew for Jeff when he asked me what I had in mind. What a handy guy:) The ceiling goes up a little higher above the castle so Carter and Lauryn can actually stand all the way up, though its hard to tell from here.
Elise and Lauryn playing the Wii! :)

Gotta love bubble baths!




Lauryn and Elise were snuggling and Lauryn was reading stories. Elise was not too happy with me disturbing their moment so she was being camera shy. :)

Grant's had his first tennis match. Since this, he played some other matches and two other tournaments. He got to the finals in one and the semi's in the other. It was great experience and lots of fun. We love our new family sport :)


Carter got put into a time out and Elise, who adores him, couldn't let him sit in the corner alone:)

6 comments:

Nicole said...

I never cease to be amazed by how beautiful your family is! Thanks for the nice comment about my tri. So - wanna do one with me??

Betsy said...

Did you get all of those black berries from your yard???? And that castle is awesome. I'm very impressed with Jeff's abilities! What a fun summer!

p.s. do you think our family is old enough for a wii??

Ben and Laurie said...

Your family is do cute!! I love the berries. Can't wait to see the playhouse in person. You guys sure are hard at work. Lets get together sometime!!!

Susie said...

We are a berry family too. We have picked all the berries this summer except blackberries. That is a lot of berries you picked. Love the castle that Jeff made what a handy man you have. Cute pictures of the kids.

KariAnn said...

I'm so impressed by your blackberries! Yum! Your castle in the basement is awesome!

Sleepless Sabra said...

What is it? We moved away almost a year ago and your blog is the one thing I can't look at without getting really homesick. Your family is beautiful. We miss you guys.