Sunday, April 26, 2009

A Spring full of Projects...

We have had a busy project filled March and April. This post is in reverse chronological order. Or maybe that would be like retrological order, hmm? I don't know, anyway this earth day we planted our second year of square foot gardening. It really is a great way to garden especially if you are busy and overwhelmed. A lot of people have asked me about it and you can learn all about it at squarefootgardening.com.


Some friends and I sewed this these adorable aprons. It turned out really cute. The straps cross in the back, loop through the sides and then tie in the back-very complicated (: lol.

I bought a little bit of extra fabric so I could make Elise a dress with the left overs-It looks adorable on her, even though I combined two dress patterns to make it work. (Thanks, Joan for all the sewing tutorials:) I plan to make some red and white ones for both my girls to wear to our reunion this summer.






I bought this pillow to use as inspiration for the kids to do some paintings for the basement.Here are my little Monet, Rembrandt and Picasso.




We made stepping stones at Grandma's



Carter was reading about the solar system so we bought some foam balls and made one :)

Elise even painted a couple planets :)

Lauryn made the earth and it turned out really cute with little clouds and a moon.
Its now hanging from our kitchen chandelier.


Crushing up broken plates to make a future project-a mosaic...


We had a freak late March snow and so we got to build a snowman! :)


Quilting-


Grant finished up a quilt made of all his special t-shirts.


As a bonus-mainly because its a picture that I'm actually in, here are the kids and I on a field trip to the fire station.

7 comments:

KariAnn said...

Holy cow you've been busy. I love all the projects. The kids flower paintings are awesome. And I love the little dress and apron. So cute.

Betsy said...

I haven't been on the computer to check much of anything in a long time. I'm glad you commented or I might have missed this post. I can't believe all of the fun projects. The kids paintings are awesome! what a great idea. And I can't believe how long Elise's hair is getting! cute =0). Love you.

Kelley said...

The apron is awesome! I need the pattern. Elise's dress is adorable, which means it matches her. The kids' paintings are AWESOME! I love square foot gardening. The solar system project is great. We'll have to do that, too, next year when we get started up again. I look forward to seeing a picture of the mosaic. And last but not least, I think you look very pretty in that last picture with your kids.

Quite a spring you're having!

Susie said...

You made me tired with all that you have been up too. Love all the fun family photos, awesome idea for gardening, talented kids with painting, sewing, darling apron and dress. Thanks for making me more motivated to do a little more.

Sleepless Sabra said...

The dress and apron turned out so cute and those pictures! Those are priceless. I love it.

Our Family said...

ahhhh I love the painting,I have always wanted to paint something of my own to hang in the living room. I have been trying to frame some of the kids artwork......trying trying will get there soon..... looks great.Forget the kids coming to play I want to come and play.

Ben and Laurie said...

You make me tired just trying to keep up with the millions of things you guys accomplish each week. The aprons are adorable and so is Elise's dress!