Friday, April 10, 2009

April Fools Dinner-Fish Sticks?

This year's April Fool's dinner was "Faux Fish Sticks and Beans" The fish sticks were actually wafer cookies covered in peanut butter and rolled in crushed up corn flakes. Then I spent a good chunk of time making watermelon Laffy Taffy's into lima beans :) Lauryn is not the kind of eater who digs into things with out investigating them first. She had to break her "fish stick" before she would bite into it and that kind of gave it away. It was still fun though. I thought they looked pretty real, and all the kids got a kick out of it. My kids are getting harder to fool. I may have to step it up a notch. Hmmmm.........


Yum!!

4 comments:

Kelley said...

I'm seriously impressed, Angi! Wow! Can I come to your house on April Fools Day? :)

KariAnn said...

Holy cow, those look real. And exactly how much time did you spend making those lima beans? That looks like an all day project. Sounds like lots of fun.

Angi said...

The fish sticks took about as much time as it takes to make dinner. The lima beans I made the night before while a watched tv. Maybe a half an hour :)

Susie said...

Very creative of you. You even fooled me with the pictures. What a fun idea!!