Sunday, October 26, 2008

A Beehive to make mom proud :)

This post is a little self-indulgent-I admit. But I had so much fun dressing up for our Church Halloween party that I had to post a few pictures. I wore the dress my Grandma made and wore to my mom and dad's wedding in 1973. I also had her glasses, total coke bottles (sorry, grandma). Then after watching some tutorials on youtube-I did my hair in a beehive.
Basically you rat the heck out of it and spray it until it stands up in sections all over your head, then you smooth it into a mound that looks like shallacked cotton candy. My goal was to use the entire bottle of 99 cent hairspray I bought to get it to stay in place. I kept thinking- I can NOT believe people actually fixed their hair like this on a regular basis. I had to tell myself several times that once was not going to make my hair break off-but it sure feels like its going to!










We had a great time at the party eating and dancing-my friend Laurie posted a video on her blog of me breakdancing. Ha-Ha! I'll see if I can get a copy of it. :)


And amazingly enough, my hair did survive, and all the tangles came out after only two shampoo/conditionings! Happy Halloween everybody!


Here's the dress in full-length. I think it's adorable. Grandma was a tall lady! I'm wearing heels and its still dragging the floor! Thanks Grant and Lauryn for being my photographers!

5 comments:

Betsy said...

Angi- This is awesome! You look great in Grandma's dress. Very cute =0).

Angi said...

It would probably fit you much better :)

Susie said...

That was a great costume. Love your hair and the glasses to cute. That is amazing that it was grandma's dress. I'm sure it took lots of hours to do your hair. I can't believe they did there hair like that either. You're amazingly talented.

Our Family said...

Girl you look cute in any decade:)

Sleepless Sabra said...

Ok, so you look SO cute. I saw the video and cracked up. Looks like you had fun. :)