Sunday, June 29, 2008

Family Reunion: The Indian Adventure

All the grandkids.

Our family reunion this year was so much fun. It's been a tradition for three or four years now that my mom picks a theme, we think about and plan around it for months and months, then we dedicate a whole day to the festivities. This year the theme was Indians. Everyone had an indian name, including the adults (I named Jeff 'Passing Wind') We did Indian-ish crafts, Mom made teepees, we had face painting, a cook out and we all went to ice-cream decked out in full gear. (We go to the same small town ice-cream shop every year. We've been Pirates, Knights and now Indians. It makes quite an impression, considering there's about 25 of us.) We had a blast! My sisters and mom.

We walked around window shopping and eating ice-cream with full war-paint. After a while you forget that your face is painted and you start to wonder why everyone is giving you weird looks.


Blue Stallion, Honey Bee, Flying Arrow, and Dancing Bird



Our Indian village down in mom and dad's back yard.







Golden Sunset and Dancing Bird



Honey Bee's face painting.





Tiger Lily, Dancing Bird, Silver Wolf and Golden Sunset.






My brother Red Paw made these awesome loin clothes for the boys complete with built-in undies, just in case they wanted to go commando :) The girls had Cheetah print skirts.


Lining up for war paint :)

















5 comments:

Locke said...

Hey, it's Laurie Elmore. I love your reunion idea. I can't imagine what people were thinking when they saw all of you in the war paint. Sabra has told me so much about all of you--I was wondering if I could meet up with you sometime. We are finally about moved in and Lauren was so excited to meet your Lauryn at church on Sunday! My number is 816-858-7216.

Paul and Christy Johnson said...

Angi,
That sounds like so much fun, I will definately suggest that for our next family reunion. I am sure those kinds of things are what your kids will remember when they are older. What great memories.
Glad to have you back!!!
Christy

Kelley said...

What a great idea. I'll have to remember that for our next family reunion. Way cool! I loved the pictures, too. And it was delightful to see you all last night!

The White House said...

It looks like you had a great time. Your family is so creative.

Sleepless Sabra said...

Aaaww, Honey Bee is such a little doll! How precious. And what a fun idea for a family reunion. We are heading up for Bryan's family reunion tomorrow in Nauvoo for the 4th. Fortunately, the river is down to normal so we won't have to do the reunion by canoe!