
We went to the Science Center for a field trip the other day and there is a contraption that blows a stream of air and a beach ball balances at the top in mid-air. These next pictures are all shots of Elise who was completely in awe of the spectacle. She stared and gaped at the magical ball for five minutes or more. Long enough for me to get right up close and take these pictures standing over her and she didn't blink an eyelash :)





"Hmmm, I wonder if I can get this thing in my mouth without dropping it..."

"...steady...steady..."

"Jackpot!"

Carter got a hole in one! (Or ten)

Physics Lesson #1
The shortest distance between two points is a straight line.


The kids decided to each make a course down the water table and then have a race with their boats to see whose course was the fastest. I asked if I could join and we started making hypotheses. I said, "Hmmm, I think that if I do a straight line my boat will go down the fastest" Lauryn and Grant, I guess, didn't see the wisdom in this idea and each thought that a curvy line would be the fastest. It wasn't a fair race, really. I had the laws of science on my side. I kind of felt like it was cheating...my boat went down six times before the second place boat ever arrived. It was a fun science lesson for them, though:)

We also saw a 3-D dinosaur movie while we were there. After it was over they all wanted to go to the dinosaur dig pit. Carter was ecstatic that he found a dino skeleton just like on the movie.


What a great day...just one reason why I love homeschooling. :)
5 comments:
So cool! Where is this place? My kids would LOVE that water table. :)
Kelley-
It's at Union Station downtown...Science City. It's so much fun. I can show you where it is if you want to go and we can go together :)
Ooo, let's do it. We'd better wait for a bit, though, because we have a lot on the calendar in the next little while. Sounds great, though.
Looks like so much fun!
Oh my goodness, I am so homesick for you guys. Your children are darling. I have to tell you, after I dropped my kids off the other day and we said "goodbye" I thought, "Okay, it's okay." Then, I got in the car and bawled all the way back to my house. I had to pull it together for the movers. Ha, ha.
Post a Comment