Thursday, May 14, 2009

Portrait of Grant


My sweet little Grant turned 11 this March. What in the world?! Why does the time fly so fast? They always said it would. I always believed them. But it still shocks me how fast it really does go. There's nothing I would trade about the 11 year old Grant. The message is this, moms. Make sure you live in the moment. Cherish every little stage, because they zip past and they don't come back.


Like I said though, I wouldn't trade the 11 year old Grant for anything. Here are ten things about my little guy. (I just have to call him my little guy while I can!)


1. When it comes to math and sports, he has a memory like a trap.
2. When it comes to where he put his shoes, there is no memory involved whatsoever-what shoes?

3. Introspective and Thoughtful of other people's feelings.

4. Competetive to the core. Very often contemplates cheating to win. Usually just contemplates.

5. So sweet to his little brother and sisters, but still worries that he doesn't play with them enough because he's growing up.

6. Loves to read, most nights he stays up until the wee hours reading a book in his closet.

7. Willing to help mom out. Most common answer when I ask him to do something?-"yep"

8. Always does what he's asked-unless he forgets.

9. Addicted to fantasy baseball.

10. Still loves hugs, and talking in bed late at night.


We love you Grant! (Grant-E-Loo, as Elise calls him)

7 comments:

Robin said...

I never cease to be amazed by your talent. I love those pictures you painted with your children. I will have to get some tips when I finish my office. I want it to be my sanctuary. Very serene. Your children are beautiful. So glad to have you with us in YW for camp. They are going to have so much fun and I think you are truly the best person for them right now. Thanks for the camera lessons, I am going to try it out today.

Betsy said...

Grant has always been such a sweet, kind boy. Happy Birthday (a while ago). We love you! I can't wait to see you all soon.

-Aunt Betsy

Kelley said...

I can't believe how big he looks! Wasn't he small just yesterday? Give him a hug for me. Quick before he grows up. :)

I miss you. Let's figure out a way to see each other soon.

Robin said...

You are welcome to put my blog on your sidebar. I already added you to mine...is that o.k.? That way I know when you update yours. So

Susie said...

Sounds like you were blessed with a sweet handsome son. Happy Belated Birthday to Grant!! You are right they sure do grow up fast.

Ben and Laurie said...

He IS such a sweetie. It probably has to do with the great parenting. Not many moms have it together like you do. I love your kids!! Thanks for sharing--your blog is always so fun to read and the pictures are awesome! Why didn't you auction off photography lessons the other night??

KariAnn said...

So sweet! I love this little tribute. Grant is such an awesome little guy. He's so easy and kind. I can't believe he's already 11.