My sister posted a challenge she got from a friend. It was to think of what we want our kids to remember us "always saying". She sent that challenge my way and I am still thinking on what I WANT them to remember me saying, but in the meantime, there are three things I actually do say a lot, that I hope they'll remember. They aren't the most profound transforming wisdom, but nevertheless, they do come out of my mouth a lot.
#1 Whether you believe you can, or whether you believe you can't-either way-you're right.
#2 A lie has speed, but the truth has endurance! (Used this one tonight)
#3 Be good to your brothers and sisters, they are the only friends you'll have for your whole life! (This one I believe with all my heart)



5 comments:
You're so wise! I love #1.
Great quotes. I'll have to think about what it is I want my kids to remember.
Several years ago, my mom's siblings came up with a list of about 25 things my grandparents used to say to them. One of the sayings was: "Shut the door! You're letting the flies out." (They grew up on a farm, so flies were ever-present.) Another of my favorites was "Don't look at me in that tone of voice!" I can't think of any of the really profound ones at the moment, but all were funny and have traveled down through the generations.
I think it's a great idea to pay attention to what we are telling our kids on a regular basis since those same things will come out of their own mouths when they are the parents to our grandchildren.
By the way, I really like #2. I'll have to remember that one.
You are awesome Ang I think the only thing my kids will remember is, me telling them they are going on time out. You are a great example of how I need to be.
These are good ones. Elise is so cute dressing up.
Hey Ang! Go check out shedoeshair.blogspot.com. I think you'll find some fun stuff on there. :)
Post a Comment