Monday, March 5, 2007

Elise turns 1 month, Carter finds a "dicky"!




This is Elise's one month picture. She is really growing! She isn't exactly big yet. I think she's creeping up on eight pounds. But I can definitely see her filling out.
Her little legs aren't nearly as skinny as they were in her 2 week picture. They actually have little chub rolls on them.















Lauryn is totally smitten with her baby sister and is such a sweet helper :)








Here is my little clan before they tumbled out the door to church. It was my last Sunday before I took the baby and I really enjoyed the peace and quiet after they headed off.

Elise is learning how to play (a little).





Carter and Elise are binky buddies.
This is one way that Carter bonds. He brings her a binky, lays down next to her and they suck on their binks together-what love!


More one month pictures :)

Carter has a new obsession with what he calls "dickies" (stickies). If you look closely, in his left hand is the label from my sunscreen bottle. He goes around the house peeling labels off lotion, soap, food storage cans, whatever...or he may find a bandaid or piece of tape or maybe rip the tape off a package I'm getting ready to mail, or better yet he may find my postage stamps! Then he can breathe easy because he has his dicky and he can hold it and...I don't know what to call it exactly...he just kind of pinches his fingers on it to feel it's stickiness. So now as long as he has his sticky and his binky he's good! We thought we were going to be getting rid of his comfort item, not adding new ones! He even came into my room in the middle of the night and asked "Mommy! Where's my sticky?"









2 comments:

KariAnn said...

I love all these cute pictures. The ones of Elise with both feet in the leg hole are my favorite! Newborns are so adorable. It's one of my favorite ages for sure.

Betsy said...

I love Carter's dickies!! What a funny little kid. Elise is such a darling little baby. I love her profile.