Wednesday, April 30, 2008

April Fool's Day Dinner




I have this obsession with making fake food dinners on April Fool's day. This year it was "spaghetti and meatballs and garlic bread" which was actually buttercream frosting noodles, cocoa crispy treat "meatballs" with strawberry icecream topping and lemon pound cake with white chocolate chip "butter". It was my favorite fake food meal yet I think. It actually kind of fooled the kids and Jeff a little. They were NOT going to eat it because the meatballs did NOT look right! :) Notice Lauryn smelling her bread in the above photo :)

5 comments:

Nicole said...

That is hilarious! You are so creative!

The White House said...

you are awesome when i first saw it i thought wow looks good then you described it and it got better. you are so creative i love ya.

Kelley said...

Great idea! Maybe next year we'll have to try something like that. Hopefully by that time I'll be back to normal. *rolling my eyes*

I miss you. :(

KariAnn said...

love the new look of your blog!

Betsy said...

I am completely impressed. I would have been fooled for sure! I also love your new blog! The way you did the kids photos is my favorite =0).