
We are starting our fourth year homeschooling. I'm excited and nervous. I can't wait to watch my kids learn and start exploring their subjects with them, but I'm a little nervous to see how it goes with schooling two kids, their outside activities, my outside activities, spending time with Carter and Elise, and then squeezing taking care of the house in there somewhere. I just don't know if there are enough hours in the day. We have organized a new homeschool group and I think its going to make things a little easier and fun socially for the kids.
Oh, and we have a brand new crest which I designed and Jeff computer-graphicked into life. The kids each picked a heraldry symbol and we went from there. Carter is the Fragon-uh, I mean Dragon:), Grant is the Eagle, Lauryn is the laurel crown and Elise is the Rose. The saying "Wisdom begins in wonder" is from Socrates and I think it describes my education philosophy pretty well. I loved it. The compass symbolizes Jeff and I "trying" to give some direction. I think it turned out marvelously! :)



3 comments:
I think your crest looks great.
I, too, am concerned with fitting it all in, but I am hopeful, as well. I love the freedom involved in homeschooling, and my biggest problem seems to be getting used to that freedom.
Okay, that is just too cool! I don't think I will be able to come up with such clever things when we begin homeschooling next year. Great job!
ps - you'll have to link over to our blog and read about our latest home misadventures.
This is the coolest crest. I've never seen such a thing. Awesome.
Post a Comment